Listen to episode 42 below.
Publication date: 18-4-19.
Host: Ivonne Smit.
Episode 42: top garden birds in UK and NL part 2
This show we’re talking about garden birds. Part 2.
In this edition:
- Attracting garden birds: what can gardeners do?
- How is the most seen species in UK gardens, the house sparrow, doing in The Netherlands?
- Which species is most seen by gardeners in The Netherlands?
- And how about about birdwatch numbers in 2018.
On rank 2 we see a remarkable difference between the two countries.
Video: in hot summers you might spot house sparrows tumbling in the dust.
That’s a way to get rid of mites and other unwanted creatures.
The birds tussle to get the best spots.
We’re on the lookout for English speaking guests for our shows.
Do you happen to know anyone who wants to share ideas or knowledge about eco-friendly gardening, wildlife, sustainability issues or permaculture?
Or are you interested in an interview yourself?
Please contact us! We can have a chat by Skype or telephone.
More on British and Dutch garden birds & national birdwatch events
UK & NL birdwatch 2018 results in numbers
|Bird species||UK rank 2018||Vogelsoort||NL positie 2018|
|Long tailed tit||9||Staartmees||18 (2019)|
|Collared dove||11||Turkse tortel||7|
- Big garden bird watch
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) website and Twitter
- Celebrating 40 years of the Big Garden Birdwatch
- De Nationale Tuinvogeltelling
- Vogelbescherming Nederland website and Twitter
- Nationale tuinvogeltelling 2003-2018
Already reading Discupost (2-4x p/yr)?
In this 100% English newsletter we share news with you about ecological gardening and permaculture, and our blogs.
And …. you’re the first to know about our Discucampaigns.
Easy access to latest episodes?
Use your podcast app. No charge.
Where to find us? Please read our info on Discutafel podcast subscription.