Listen to episode 70 below.
Publication date: 30-01-20.
Host: Ivonne Smit.
Photo: wetland walker on the Dutch Wadden island of Terschelling.
Episode 70: Dutch wetlands: from Wadden Sea to garden pond (1)
February 2 = world wetland day! What can we learn from wetlands? For our own life as citizens and gardeners?
Let’s find out and start with part 1 of our short series on this topic. Contents:
- Dutch wetland types
- a fascinating water animal with a key role in nature
- tips to help protection and conservation of wetlands
- and how about your garden?
- and all this is mixed with personal memories of your host Ivonne.
Next episodes on wetlands & water will be online later in 2020. Stay tuned!
- world wetlands day
- Wadden Sea world heritage
- Kooibos, Middachten estate (spectacular Dutch video)
- Binnendieze, ‘s-Hertogenbosch (video)
- extra tip: UK wildlife podcast episode 5 on pond life in winter; main topic starts shortly after 37:00 and practical tips at 56:00
Easy access to latest episodes?
Use your podcast app. No charge.
Where to find us? Please read our info on Discutafel podcast subscription.
This post/page is also available in: Nederlands (Dutch)