Listen to episode 70 below.
Publication date: 30-01-20.
Host: Ivonne Smit.
Photo: wetland walker on the Dutch Wadden island of Terschelling.
Episode 70: Dutch wetlands: from Wadden Sea to garden pond (1)
February 2 = world wetland day! What can we learn from wetlands? For our own life as citizens and gardeners?
Let’s find out and start with part 1 of our short series on this topic. Contents:
- Dutch wetland types
- a fascinating water animal with a key role in nature
- tips to help protection and conservation of wetlands
- and how about your garden?
- and all this is mixed with personal memories of your host Ivonne.
Next episodes on wetlands & water will be online later in 2020. Stay tuned!
- world wetlands day
- Wadden Sea world heritage
- Kooibos, Middachten estate (spectacular Dutch video)
- Binnendieze, ‘s-Hertogenbosch (video)
- extra tip: UK wildlife podcast episode 5 on pond life in winter; main topic starts shortly after 37:00 and practical tips at 56:00
Already reading Discupost (2-4x p/yr)? In this 100% English newsletter we share news with you about ecological gardening and permaculture, and our blogs. And …. you’re the first to know about our Discucampaigns.
Easy access to latest episodes?
Use your podcast app. No charge.
Where to find us? Please read our info on Discutafel podcast subscription.
This post/page is also available in: Nederlands (Dutch)