Listen to episode 152 below.
Publication date: 19-10-23.
Host: Ivonne Smit.
Illustration: view on veg garden in VanDusen Botanical Garden on a hot summer day.
Episode 152: VanDusen Botanical Garden
In this episode
This time, Ivonne explores VanDusen Botanical Garden in Vancouver! Join her when she strolls around the rododendron walk, Canadian heritage garden, vegetable garden and more highlights.
Ivonne learns which rododendron species are native in British Columbia. She enjoys the artwork in the garden. What’s so special about the ecoystem in the Pacific rainshadow forest? And how do First Nations look at the tamarack tree?
VanDusen Botanical Garden is a treat for the eye, mind and soul!
This episode is the last part of a series in 2023 of shows and blogs about Canadian gardens. Have you listened to the other episodes yet?
VanDusen Botanical Garden
Pictures made in August 2022.
- VanDusen Botanical Garden
- Departure is a bronze sculpture by George Lundeen
- Coastal plants of British Columbia, a YouTube channel of the University of British Columbia (UBC)
- White-flowered rododendron, explanation on YouTube by UBC
- Pacific rododendron, explanation by The University of Texas at Austin
- The tamarack tree, as described on Wikipedia and by Plants For A Future
Already reading Discupost in English?
Easy access to latest episodes?
Use your podcast app. No charge.
Where to find us? Please read our info on Discutafel podcast subscription.